Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Label Maker

Ahhh, Sunday afternoons.............. A time when I can just relax and do nothing. I don't have to think or plan or be coherent. A time when I can read, play on the computer, have a nap if I so desire (although naps generally have dire consequences in my world, I will not go to sleep that night and I will lay awake with my eyes wide open thinking of all sorts of random things, making random plans, by morning we could be on our way to Timbuktu). Sunday is a time when I can watch TV, bug Ian, bug Erica & Mark. bug the dog whose identity I am protecting, go to Walmart. Are pastors allowed to go to Walmart on Sundays?

My dog is the only one whose identity I will not expose because yesterday Erica did indeed tick me off. Twice in fact. First, she hijacked my facebook and called me odd. Second, she dared ask me "Why?" to one of my directives. I will admit I was a tad grumpy due to a headache and hanging up on her scared the beejeebies out of her. Sorry my dear. I did say I would pay for your therapy.

Erica was asking me over the phone "Why?" when I was in the middle of brushing my teeth. Since the answer to her why question was "because I said so ..." and I thought it sounded lame I decided it would be fun just to hang up. Actually as I write this, I am beginning to realize it is all Mark's fault since he was the dimwit who brought the phone to me when I was brushing my teeth. Mark should now have to pay for Erica's therapy.

Anyway, I am really excited. I bought myself a label maker. This isn't just any old label maker. It is an electronic label maker. Since we decided to put hardwood on our main floor while we are in Europe we have to clear everything (I mean EVERYTHING) off the floor so that means a complete overhaul of years and years and years worth of important junk and less important junk. So I went to Walmart and bought cardboard boxes, file boxes, tupperware containers and a label maker. I now have to organize all my important junk and label it with my new label maker. Its gonna be fun.

I am thinking maybe I should label everything in the house then maybe it will all end up in its correct spot. I could leave messages around the house that I could write with my label maker. I forsee a labelling maniac in the works.

My less important junk is going to go into my big garage sale I am having in the Spring where I am going to make enough money to finance a summer holiday. I realize now that my children have left their childhood behind and are fully embracing their teens. So I have to fugure out what toys and books I am going to keep for my grandchildren & what I will sell to make my big bucks. I shall sell everything that is not useful. I shall sell old things that could be collector items like ghettoblasters, tape decks, old VHS tapes. I shall sell all Ian's old Sports Illustrated magazines. I shall sell my children if they bug me. Hawaii here I come!!!

I am now going to Walmart to buy an iron so I can do the ironing because Mark broke my iron by knocking it over with his skis. Another reason why skiing is not such a good idea. Those big monstrous blades cause damage to the innerds of my house. Erica is glad I am going to Walmart because she needs a calendar to keep herself organized. Perhaps she would like to borrow my label maker.

Over and out. 7th post complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment